Monday, December 30, 2013

There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.- Nelson Mandela
I've been thinking about that quote a lot lately. It's been a rough couple of months, what with having a depression relapse and being in an absolute mood and generally being dull as dishwater because of that. But this quote really strikes home for me and I'm feeling inspired. And this being the end of the year and the beginning of a new one, it seems like a good time to get inspired.

So here's a thought - what would happen if, for every day of a year, I committed to doing something interesting that day?

Of course, it sounds a bit crazy, really - every day for a year? That's a little ambitious. And how would I define "interesting?" (Arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention) And there's all sorts of reasons why it won't work out - lack of time (work and school), lack of money (still quite a few debts to be paid off, puts a damper on available funds), lack of creativity in finding enough to do for a year...

Still though. I'd kinda like to try it :)

Hell - why not?

No comments: