Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1, 2014

So I am reasonably active on Ravelry, and one group that I am most involved in centers around setting goals and seeking to achieve them (Resolutions Monthly). Usually goals are set on a monthly basis, though sometimes not, and it's a fairly supportive group - I've been a part of the group from the beginning, and I've gotten to be pretty good online friends with the regulars.

So a couple of months ago someone (I'm pretty sure it was me, actually) suggested a group challenge of knitting/crocheting a sweater for the new year. A bunch of us took up the challenge, and today was the official start date for it. I am knitting a sweater pattern called "Dark and Stormy," created by Thea Colman. So today's interesting thing is I started the sweater! :) Next time I manage to be home when the sun is out, I'll post a pic of my progress so far (the lighting in my apartment is crap, so I really need natural light to show off my knitting). I have until March 31st to knit the sweater to succeed at the challenge, and it's a fairly complicated one with lots of cables, so...cheer me on and let's hope for the best! You'll probably see a few more mentions from me about it as it progresses, plus the big reveal when/if I finally finish.

In other interesting news, I spoke with Jonathan and Austin today, and we've discussed tentative plans to meet up in San Francisco in August. More on this later down the road as plans solidify...

Tomorrow: Undetermined as yet, but possibly revolving around exercise plans, to act on this year's resolution...

No comments: